Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Copy & Design Action in Navigation Pane Relief v2.0


I use form and report templates when putting together Access applications. This new feature of Navigation Pane Relief v2.0 takes 4 steps out of the process of turning a template into an application object.

For me, a template is simply a form or report that I copy and use as a starting point when designing a new form or report.

I used to right click on the template, select copy, specify a new name, then find the copy in the Navigation Pane, then right click on it and select "Design", then make my changes to it. With the new "Copy & Design" feature in Navigation Pane Relief, I double click "Copy & Design", I specify a new name, and then the copy is automatically opened in design mode. A great time-saver (2 steps instead of 6) if you work from templates.

More information about the new version of Navigation Pane Relief can be found at the Navigation Pane Relief Homepage.

No comments: